Veröffentlicht am 27. Januar 2011
Autoren: Rita L. Sallam, James Richardson, John Hagerty, Bill Hostmann
Der Report kann unter dieser Adresse verfolgt werden:
Einige Facts zum Thema:
- Microsoft is the unit leader in Data Warehousing. According to IDC, SQL Server has more units than Oracle and IBM combined.
- Microsoft is a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence (1/2011). Encourage your customers to assess our offerings across both Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 offers the most comprehensive Data Warehouse solution with integrated relational database engine, industry leading OLAP, Reporting, ETL and MDM tools, and offerings which scale to the needs of all customers today through SQL Server 2008 R2 Fast Track and Parallel Data Warehouse and the HP Business Decision Appliance.
- Parallel Data Warehouse was released and announced in November 2010 and offers customers high scalability and performance at low cost for high end Data Warehouses. Parallel Data Warehouse is gaining momentum with a strong sales pipeline. However, it was not considered as a shipping product in the 2011 Data Warehousing Magic Quadrant. According to Gartner1, “Microsoft released its own MPP data warehouse appliance, the SQL Server 2008 R2 PDW, in November 2010, but the date of its availability did not allow us to consider it when deciding Microsoft’s position in the present Magic Quadrant.”
- As the report confirms, Microsoft offers customers unmatched value and low TCO in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. We achieve this through a range of solutions from industry leading software, Reference Architectures and Appliances. Fast Track Data Warehouse 2.0 provides great price performance for mid-sized Data Warehouses and data marts, while Parallel Data Warehouse extends this to the high end.
- In collaboration with HP, Microsoft is innovating on appliances and reference architectures. As part of the Infrastructure to Applications agreement, Microsoft and HP announced new appliances (HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance and HP Business Decision Appliance) as well a roadmap for future workload specific appliances. We are delivering unmatched flexibility and choice, rapid time to solution and the industry’s leading TCO.